Examination Board: EDEXCEL
What is the aim of the course?
The following are skills within business contexts that the students will develop during the course:
- practical skills – time management, personal organisation and action planning
- presentational skills – addressing audiences using a variety of media and forms
- personal skills – showing evidence of progression
- interpersonal skills – communication and group work
- cognitive skills – reflection and review of own and others’ performances.
What will you study in this subject?
The course is divided into three units.
Unit 1: Introduction to Small Business - this unit consist s of five topics:
- spotting a business opportunity
- showing enterprise
- putting a business idea into practice
- making the start-up effective
- understanding the economic context.
It is assessed by a 45 minute examination and accounts for 25% of the grade.
Unit 2: Investigating Small Business - this unit is internally assessed under controlled conditions and externally moderated. The content is same as unit 1. Students complete an Edexcel set task worth 40 marks. The unit accounts for 25% of the GCSE grade.
Unit 3: Building a Business - this unit contains five topics:
- meeting customer needs
- effective financial management
- effective people management
- the wider world affecting business
It is assessed by a written examination of 1 hour 30 minutes duration and accounts for 50% of the GCSE grade.
What Qualification will I get?
- GCSE Business Studies
For additional information, please contact: Mr A. Badat