Health & Social Care (BTEC)
Examination Board: EDEXCEL
What is the aim of the course?
In this course, you will learn about:
- the range of care needs of major client groups
- the types of services that meet client group
- needs and how they are developed and organised
- the ways in which people can obtain care services and the barriers that could prevent people from gaining access to services
- the main work roles and skills of people providing health, social care and early years services
- the principles of care and values that underpin all care work with clients
- personal development and relationships
- the stages and pattern of human growth and development
- the different factors that can affect human growth and development
- the development of self-concept and different types of relationships
- major life changes and sources of support
- definitions of health and wellbeing
- factors that affect health and wellbeing
- methods used to measure an individual’s physical health.
What will you study in this subject?
The course is divided into four units.
Unit 1: Understanding Personal - Development and Relationships
This unit contains the following four topics:
- Human growth and development
- Factors affecting human growth and development
- Effects of relationships on personal growth and development
- The effect of life events on personal development.
Unit 2: Exploring Health, Social Care and Early Years Provision
This unit contains the following five topics:
- The range of care needs of major client groups
- How health care, social care and early years services are accessed and the barriers to access
- How health, social care and early years services are provided
- Workers in health, social care and early years
- Care values which underpin service provider interaction.
How will your work be assessed?
There is a 1 hour online assessment externally assessed by the exam board and is worth 25% of the final BTEC grade. Other units are internally assessed through the completion of controlled assignments and are then externally moderated by the exam board. Each unit is worth 25% of the final BTEC grade.
What qualification will I get?
- BTEC NQF Level 2 First Award in H&S Care
For additional information, please contact: Mr M. Rahman