Examination Board: OCR
Why should I study this subject?
I play an instrument (or sing). I enjoy music and wish to develop my skills in the use of music technology, performance and composition.
What will I study in this subject?
- How to perform on an instrument of your choice (or voice), this also includes singing, beatboxing, DJ-ing and sequencing
- How to compose music for your instrument.
- How to recognise and compose in a range of modern styles like Bhangra, Salsa and Club Dance.
- To be confident in using music technology.
- How to listen and talk about all kinds of music, some you already know and like and some which will be new to you.
How will I be assessed?
Coursework - you will work towards a final concert in which you will perform two pieces:
You will also produce two of your own compositions.
Exams: listening Paper - this paper will be based on styles of Music studied throughout the course. There will be a mixture of multiple-choice, structured and unstructured questions.
Creative Task - you will learn how to develop a short piece in 30 minutes from a given idea and then communicate your composition by performing it, either on your instrument, through ICT, or by notating it.
What qualification will I get?
- GCSE Music
For additional information, please contact: Ms L. Putnina