Students may take school meals (or smaller snacks) either at break-time or lunchtime. A discount is offered for a complete meal (known as a meal deal), which costs £2.05. A meal deal comprising of :-
- A main course with a drink; or
- A main course with a desert.
A main course option consist of the following:-
- Hot meal of the day
- Light bite (e.g,. toastie, pizza slice, jacket potato etc)
- Pasta pot with chicken/tomato
Taken individually, the prices for main courses range from £1.30 upwards. You can check to see if your child might be eligible for Free School Meals and download the application form here:
Parents can quickly and easily check eligibility for free school meals by using the 'Free School Meals / Pupil Premium Service' on www.fsm.lgfl.net
There is a breakfast club from 7.30am to 8am in the West Cafe.
Students can get breakfast before the school day starts.
Breakfast items include egg, beans, toast etc. and is subsidised – for example, 60p for egg or beans on toast. Free School Meal students get a free breakfast in addition to their meal deal.
The school operates a cashless catering system. Students may pay for their food by swiping their photo ID card (given to all students by the school). The benefits of using a cashless system for parents are:
- If your child is entitled to a free school meal, the system will recognise this automatically.
- Your child does not need to carry cash.
- You can rest assured that the money will be spent on a school dinner.
If you want to add credit to your child’s cashless account – remember that you don’t need to do so if your child is on Free School Meals, although you can add credit if you wish by:-
- Using your ParentPay account to add funds by debit/credit card over the internet – you will need your ParentPay log-in details to do this.
- Using a PayPoint outlet (e.g. shops, post offices) to top up over the counter – you will need your unique bar code to do this.
- Sending a cheque to the school (payable to Brampton Manor Academy.
- Using the school’s cash loaders – your child can access our cash loaders at various location points in the school.